Guys! Today I’m sharing these healthy chocolate cupcakes that have no white flour in them!
Nobody can say no to chocolate cupcakes, right? And that chocolate frosting? Oh Lord!
Well let me tempt you a bit more, even the chocolate frosting is a healthy version than the typical chocolate frosting 😉
Let’s get started, shall we?
The definition of healthy is subjective, really.
A healthy concept for one person might be different from the other. For me personally healthy leans towards eating better.
Less processed food, less trans fat, less refined sugars.
More good fats, more good proteins, more high fibre flours, more natural sweeteners.
Healthy is also a journey of mental change and willingness to change. A journey of one person is always different from the other.
We make our own healthy journey, don’t you agree?
These are perfect for when you have one of those chocolate attacks (yeah.. we all have those episodes once in a while, eh?) and still want to feel good about grabbing a chocolate cupcake.
You will not believe that the recipe doesn’t require any white flour, white sugar or even butter!
These cupcakes are made with healthy ingredients. Coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, oat flour, coconut sugar.. just to name a few.
They are super tender and the chocolate flavour really shines through. Heaven!
The frosting is also made from healthy ingredients and it only takes 4 ingredients. I will share the recipe later.
Like the rest of my recipes, these cupcakes are super easy to make.
Do give them a try!
These healthy chocolate cupcakes are:
- with NO white flour, NO white sugar
- made with healthy natural ingredients like coconut oil, oat flour and coconut sugar
- super tender and soft with amazing chocolate flavour
- so easy to make
- perfect healthy choice for some DELICIOUS chocolate cupcakes
Want More Chocolate?
You will also love these recipes:
- No bake chocolate peanut butter bars
- Chocolate banana bread
- No bake chocolate cheesecake
- Zucchini brownies
- Easy chocolate mousse
Watch how to make these healthy chocolate cupcakes below:
Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cup oat flour (170 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (40 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (125 ml), room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100 g)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (125 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl, set aside.
- Make your own buttermilk by adding milk and lemon juice into a bowl and leave untouched for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk to mix everything good. Now add in the dry ingredients and whisk until you get a smooth batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly into muffin pan lined with muffin papers.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) for 15 minutes or until fully cooked. Cool completely on a rack before piping in your favourite healthy chocolate frosting.
How To Store
- Keep unfrosted cupcakes in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze them if you want to keep them longer.
- To Freeze: Wrap each cupcake individually with cling film and place them into a ziploc bag. Freeze up to 2 months.
- To Defrost: Defrost at room temperature.