Yes I'm so excited about this recipe!
This is a recipe requested by one of our dearest viewers, Astrid. She even created her own cherry cheesecake recipe based on my no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe and was kind enough to share the wonderful photos of her creation and recipe with me.
[Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will get a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Everything I mention in this post is what I personally use and recommend.]
What Types Of Cherry To Use?
It's All About The Base
My Other No-Bake Cheesecakes
- Caramel apple cheesecake
- Irish cream cheesecake
- Cookie butter cheesecake
- Stracciatella cheesecake
- Oreo cheesecake
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
The Cherry Coulis
- 3 ½ cup pitted fresh cherries (490 gr)
- ⅓ cup sugar (70 gr)
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water (125 ml)
- 5.3 oz digestive biscuits (150 gr)
- 2.5 oz amaretti biscuits (75 gr)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 gr), melted
- 7 oz full fat cream cheese (200 gr), room temperature
- 7 oz mascarpone cheese (200 gr), room temperature
- 7 oz condensed milk (200 gr)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 ml)
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder (10 gr) or any amount/type that sets 2 cup water (500 ml)
The Cherry Coulis
- Add the cherries together with sugar, corn starch and lemon juice into a pan and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Then add in water and mix well. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Separate 1 cup of cherry coulis and blend it into a fine mixture. Leave both the blended mixture and the rest of the coulis to cool completely before using.
- Using a food processor, blend the digestive and amaretti biscuits into fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and add in melted butter. Mix well to form wet sand like mixture.
- Then pour it into a 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan. Press the crumbs tightly to the base. Place the base in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add both cream cheese and mascarpone cheese into a bowl and whisk for a few minutes until fluffy. Then add in condensed milk and cooled blended cherry coulis. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In another bowl, add gelatin and lemon juice together and mix. Leave for the gelatin to soak, for 5 minutes. Then heat the mixture in the microwave until the gelatin is totally dissolved.
- Add 1 tbsp of cheesecake mixture into the gelatin mixture and mix well. Then pour it into the cheesecake mixture and immediately mix everything together until well combined. Note: Make sure your gelatin mixture is not hot when you pour it into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour everything into our chilled base and wiggle the pan a bit to level the surface. Then chill in the fridge overnight or until the cheesecake is fully set.
- After the cheesecake is fully set, pour the rest of cherry coulis on top. Slice and serve. Enjoy!