Yes I’m so excited about this recipe!
[Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will get a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Everything I mention in this post is what I personally use and recommend.]
My No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
What Types Of Cherry To Use?
It’s All About The Base
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
The Cherry Coulis
- 3 1/2 cup pitted fresh cherries (490 gr)
- 1/3 cup sugar (70 gr)
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 5.3 oz digestive biscuits (150 gr)
- 2.5 oz amaretti biscuits (75 gr)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (75 gr), melted
- 7 oz full fat cream cheese (200 gr), room temperature
- 7 oz mascarpone cheese (200 gr), room temperature
- 7 oz condensed milk (200 gr)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (60 ml)
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder (10 gr) or any amount/type that sets 2 cup water (500 ml)
The Cherry Coulis
- Add the cherries together with sugar, corn starch and lemon juice into a pan and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Then add in water and mix well. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Separate 1 cup of cherry coulis and blend it into a fine mixture. Leave both the blended mixture and the rest of the coulis to cool completely before using.
- Using a food processor, blend the digestive and amaretti biscuits into fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and add in melted butter. Mix well to form wet sand like mixture.
- Then pour it into a 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan. Press the crumbs tightly to the base. Place the base in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add both cream cheese and mascarpone cheese into a bowl and whisk for a few minutes until fluffy. Then add in condensed milk and cooled blended cherry coulis. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In another bowl, add gelatin and lemon juice together and mix. Leave for the gelatin to soak, for 5 minutes. Then heat the mixture in the microwave until the gelatin is totally dissolved.
- Add 1 tbsp of cheesecake mixture into the gelatin mixture and mix well. Then pour it into the cheesecake mixture and immediately mix everything together until well combined. Note: Make sure your gelatin mixture is not hot when you pour it into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour everything into our chilled base and wiggle the pan a bit to level the surface. Then chill in the fridge overnight or until the cheesecake is fully set.
- After the cheesecake is fully set, pour the rest of cherry coulis on top. Slice and serve. Enjoy!