For all the sweet tooth out there, stuffed Nutella cookies with chocolate chips! These are perfect for you! And they’re perfect for the holiday too. Delicious!
Watch how to make Nutella stuffed cookies in the video below:
Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- 1 cup nutella (300 gr)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (195 gr)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (113 gr), room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (40 gr), compacted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150 gr)
- 1 egg , room temperature
- 1 tsp clementine zest
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (88 gr)
- Place the Nutella jar in the fridge 1 hour before using so that it's easier to spoon.
- Spoon around 3/4 tsp of Nutella balls on a baking tray with a baking sheet. Make 17 balls in total. Place them in the freezer for 10 minutes so that they harden a bit and easier to handle later.
- Into a bowl, sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in both sugar and butter. Using a spatula, press everything together to combine into a paste. Add in egg, vanilla extract and clementine zest. Mix everything to combine.
- Add in the sifted flour in 3 additions, mixing well to combine after each addition. Add in chocolate chips and give it one last mix to combine everything. The dough will feel stiff but don't worry, just don't over mix it. Place it in the freezer for 10 minutes, so that it hardens a bit.
- Take some dough and make a hole in the center. I use my 3 tbsp ice cream scoop and scoop around 3/4 full. Fill the hole with the harden Nutella ball, wrap and roll everything into a ball. Place the ball on a baking tray with a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place them in the fridge for 1 hour before baking.
- After 1 hour, place the balls on a baking tray with a baking sheet with 2 inches (5 cm) distance between them. Bake in a preheated oven at 325ºF (160ºC) for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the cookies are fully cooked. Leave untouched for 5 minutes before transferring them onto a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!