Today I’m taking you into the world of Malaysian flavoured pizza. It’s pizza rendang!
If you’re into Asian cuisine, you just have got to try this! Rendang is a type of traditional curry that’s very famous in Malaysia and its neighbouring countries like Singapore and Indonesia. Like always, each country has its own version to it. I’m sharing with you my wonderful Malaysian rendang flavours.
Combined with this flavourful rendang is an all time favourite to everybody..which is pizza! I mean, who doesn’t like pizza right? This pizza rendang is a great example of how 2 different cuisines, Malaysian and Italian, can be mixed together to produce a wonderful and delicious dish.
I really hope you give this pizza rendang a try. Let me know what you think 🙂
Watch how to make pizza rendang in the video below:
- 1 1/4 cup warm water (310 ml)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast (7 gr)
- 3 1/2 cup bread flour (455 gr)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup chopped beef rendang (690 gr)
- 3 cup shredded mozzarella (330 gr)
- Add sugar into warm water and stir. Sprinkle dry yeast and mix well. Leave aside for 3-5 minutes for it to get foamy.
- In a standing mixer bowl, add in flour, salt, olive oil and previously prepared yeast mixture. Mix to incorporate and then knead for 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in a greased bowl. Oil your hands a bit to prevent the dough from sticking. Coat the dough with some oil to prevent crust forming on it. Cover the bowl tightly with a cling film and leave until the dough double its size in a warm and draft free place.
- After the dough has risen doubled its size, place it on a floured surface. Lightly knead and then divide into 3 equal pieces. Form each piece into a ball and set aside. Cover the balls with cling films when not using so they don't get dry.
- Roll 1 ball into a circle of 11 inch (28 cm), more or less. Then place is on a pizza peel that has been sprinkled with semolina beforehand. Adjust and stretch the dough a bit. Make a border all around by pressing the edges with your fingers.
- Distribute 1 cup of chopped rendang onto the dough. Then sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on top followed by sliced red onion and chili.
- Carefully slide the pizza into a preheated oven with pizza stone at 400ºF (200ºC) and cook for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile 1 pizza is baking, prepare another one. Once cooked, remove from the oven, slice and enjoy!