This week is passing so fast and here I am, sharing yet another healthy treat for you.
What do you think about healthy marble cake that's dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar-free?
Sounds interesting? Then let's dive into today's yummilicious recipe!
Healthier Marble Cake
Marble cake has a special place in my heart.
As an Asian, I didn't grow up having such a huge varieties of desserts and sweet treats. I think it's an Asian thing. Personally I'm more of a savoury person than a sweet one.
But I do remember marble cake was one of the first cakes that I tried when I was growing up. My mother didn't bake a lot but I remember her making marble cake and ohhh it was so delicious!
Hey, are you interested in the classic marble cake recipe?
The recipe that I'm sharing with you today is based on that recipe but for this one I'm using some healthier ingredients instead of the conventional ones.
For starter, I'm not using white flour at all in this recipe. And nope, no white sugar or any refined sugar also.
You can see this marble cake is just as beautiful and yes, it's super delicious!
Changing Our Taste
I really believe that we can train our taste buds and change them. Since many of you have been asking for healthier recipes, we've decided to try and make more of healthy or healthier recipes to share with you guys.
Healthy treats don't mean that they'll taste like hospital medicines. Nope. Don't get scared of the word "healthy desserts".
With the right recipes, healthy desserts can be amazingly delicious. This is one of the healthy dessert recipes that fits that category, in my opinion.
This marble cake is soft and tender, has just the right sweetness and all ingredients in it are natural and packed with great health benefits.
It's extremely easy to make also. So why not, right?
What You Need To Know About This Marble Cake
- the recipe is with gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar-free
- it's super easy to make, no fancy machine required
- the cake is soft and tender and not overly sweet
- it taste so AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!
Hungry For More Healthy Treats?
- Oats and banana muffins
- No-bake chocolate peanut butter bars
- Healthy brownies
- Blueberry oatmeal muffins
- Chocolate cupcakes
Watch how to make this marble cake:
Marble Cake (GF, DF, Refined Sugar-Free)
- 1 ½ cup fine oat flour (195 g)
- ¾ cup almond flour (100 g)
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup honey (190 g)
- ½ cup coconut oil (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 eggs , room temperature
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (190 ml), room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (16 g), sifted
- some healthy chocolate sauce or frosting (optional)
- Mix all of dry ingredients into a bowl, set aside.
- Add honey, oil, eggs and vanilla extract into a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Now add in milk and mix everything good.
- Add dry ingredients in and whisk until you get a smooth batter with no lumps. Pour ⅓ of batter into a different bowl. To that bowl, add in cocoa powder and whisk everything to combine.
- Pour white batter into a 4.4x10 inch (11x25 cm) loaf pan that has been greased and lined. Now pour in the chocolate batter.
- Using a knife, make swirls all over to create marble effects.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320ºF (160ºC) for 55 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
- Optional: once cooled, drizzle the top with some healthy chocolate frosting.
How To Store
- Store this cake in airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days. Store in the fridge up to 4 days. Bring back to room temperature before eating.
- To Freeze: cut cake in portions and place on a baking sheet, with some distance between each other. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes until they harden and then wrap them individually with cling film. Place in a ziploc bag and into the freezer.
- To defrost: Thaw at room temperature.