Yet we meet again, lovely people! I hope you're hanging there strong and more positive than ever!
On that note, today I'm sharing these easy lemon muffins with lemon glaze, perhaps they can bring more smiles to your day.
Let's get started, shall we?
The Texture & Taste
These beauties are scrumptious! I don't mean to be biased but oh well, perhaps I am and I don't mind it at all. Haha!
They are super fluffy and moist. Yeah, we don't approve of dense muffins over here, no way!
The lemon taste is just soaring through like in my no-bake lemon cheesecake, and oh it's so delicious. Every bite is so satisfying!
The lemon glaze brings everything together up one notch. Make it, don't skip it, please. You won't regret it.
Easy As ABC
This is one of the easiest muffins. All you need to do is mix and whisk, by hand. No fancy machines are required.
You'll notice your whole house will smell citrus heaven even as you're preparing the ingredients. Yes, the whole house, not only the kitchen. So imagine when these babies are baked in the oven. Oh la la!
I decided to make these muffins since I have 2 precious lemons left in the fridge. Yeah, everything is precious these days.
Once I put them in the oven, Marco and I thought Hey, it'd be beautiful if we sprinkle some lemon zest on top of the glaze, right? In half a second I remembered that Oh snap! But I used all the zest already!
Then Marco said, Ok will call his mother to see if she has any and if we can borrow some. The good thing is his parents just live next door. Haha! And good thing that she had some also. 2 and a half to be precise.
Yea later during that day we gave back her lemons, skin off. Haha!
You got to do what you got to do, right?
Give this super easy recipe a try and let me know what you think.
If you have tried any of my recipes, do rate them by selecting the stars in the comment section below.
And please tag me in your Instagram photos or send them to me on my Instagram at @elmundoeats. I'd love to see all your lovely photos and creations!
Hungry For More?
Check these out:
- Lemon Loaf Cake
- No-bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Lemon Almond Cake
- Super Easy Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Quick 3 Ingredients Lemon Mousse
Easy Lemon Muffins (With Lemon Glaze)
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour (325 g)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar (150 g)
- ⅓ cup oil (80 ml)
- 1 cup plain full fat Greek yogurt (250 g), room temperature
- 2 large eggs , room temperature
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g), sifted
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice , or as needed
- Mix everything in a bowl, set aside.
- Add everything into another bowl. Mix everything well using a hand whisk.
- Now add in dry ingredients and mix everything together, do not over mix. Batter will be thick. Using a 3 tablespoon ice cream scoop, divide batter into greased muffin pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) on lower ⅔ rack, for 23 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave for 5 minutes. Use the tip of a knife and run it all around, to help release the muffins from the pans. Cool completely before glazing.
- Add powdered sugar into a bowl and pour lemon juice bit by bit while mixing everything using a spatula. Add lemon juice as needed until you get your desired consistency.
- Dip the muffins top, one at a time, into the glaze, letting the excess glaze drips off. Place on a rack. Sprinkle with some lemon zest. Serve!