Healthy, creamy and luscious no-churn mango ice cream that you can easily make at home. Only 4 ingredients needed, my friends. This recipe doesn't use any ice cream machine, and you also don't need to whisk the ice cream every half an hour.
Why This Recipe?
You need to make this and I'll tell you why.
Easiest - Yes, easiest ice cream to make at home. It takes you maximum 5 minutes.
No ice cream machine - No need to buy fancy ice cream machine and go crazy to find a space in your freezer to put it. Instead, we're just going to use a food processor.
Healthiest - You'll need only 4 wholesome ingredients that I know you already have at home. No cream or processed sugar here.
Personalizable - Adjust and pimp it up to your likings.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Mango - You'll need ripe frozen mango. Any mango will do. The riper, the better. The sweeter, well brilliant as then you can reduce the amount of honey (not that it's much anyway).
Honey - Our natural sweetener. You can omit this if your mango is already very sweet.
SUBSTITUTION: Use maple, agave or coconut syrup instead. Find the best that you can.
Yogurt - I use full fat natural yogurt.
SUBSTITUTION: Full fat Greek yogurt.
Banana - Ripe, frozen banana. I like to break the banana in 3 smaller pieces so that it's easier to blend.
What Makes No-Churn Ice Cream Creamy?
There's a secret to that creamy and luscious no-churn ice cream, instead of sorbet-like texture.
A combination of honey, yogurt and banana!
Yes, my friends. It's as easy as that. I promise, your ice cream will not have that icy texture. You don't need cream and lots of processed sugar.
Steps In Making This Recipe
- Prep - Add all ingredients in a food processor bowl.
- Blend - Blend everything into a smooth texture. My food processor takes around 3 minutes.
- Pour - Pour into a container. I like to use a metal container, similar like this.
- Freeze - Freeze for maximum 4 hours.
Tips To Make This Mango Ice Cream
- Frozen fruits - I highly recommend you to freeze them first. You'll get better texture and the ice cream freezes faster.
- Small chunks - Cut your fruits in small chunks so that they'll blend easier.
How To Serve & Store
Serve - You can immediately serve the ice cream right after you blend it. It'll be with soft serve texture. Or what I like to do is freeze for maximum 4 hours for a much solid texture. Leave the ice cream container at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving, it'll be easier to scoop. Serve in a bowl or in ice cream cones, your choice.
Store - We're using wholesome natural ingredients in this ice cream, so I'd recommend you to store it not more than a week. Just know that the ice cream will be solid-freeze when it's being kept more than 4 hours in the freezer. Once solid frozen, leave at room temperature longer so that it's scoop-able. I'd recommend to store in individual smaller containers if you don't plan to serve the whole batch at once. This will avoid crystallisation due to back and forth taking one big container in and out from the freezer.
What other fruits can I use?
Experiment as you go. But you can easily use raspberry, blueberry, pineapple, peaches. Higher water content fruits like strawberries or melon might effect the creamy texture.
Can I use store-bought frozen mango?
I saw frozen mango puree in my supermarket. Can I use that? It's easier.
Check the ingredient first. It should not have anything else, other than mango. I don't recommend it if it has any other ingredients though.
Do you taste the banana? I don't like it.
No, not really. You'll taste the sweet mango flavour and perhaps a very mild taste of banana in the background. It's not bad at all, I promise!
Can I skip honey?
If the mango and banana are very sweet, then yes, of course. Honey acts as the sweetener, it also helps in making the ice cream's texture creamy.
Watch How To Make It
No-churn mango ice cream
- 1 lb frozen mango chunks
- ½ lb frozen banana chunks
- ½ cup natural full fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Add all ingredients into a food processor bowl. Blend for a few minutes until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour into a container and cover with parchment paper. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes for easier and beautiful scoop. Enjoy!
- Use frozen ripe frozen fruits in small chunks.
- Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- For super creamy texture, freeze for max 4 hours. Otherwise, see "How To Serve & Store" tips above.
Leave a Comment