This is an extremely quick and easy recipe to make a whole orange cake. For this super easy orange cake, just put all the ingredients in the blender and blend them away, that's how easy this recipe is. A very fast recipe to prepare with no time at all.
If you’re thinking of trying this recipe, then please READ below:
Tips To Get It Right
- Use sweet ripe orange, not bland or unripe orange.
- Don’t use orange with seeds, either buy seedless orange or pick the seeds and discard them.
- If your orange has thick skin with lots of the white part it's better to peel it and make the recipe without the skin.
- Blend the ingredients just to combine, don't blend too long, just enough for the orange to be blended through.
This Recipe Might Not Be The Best For You If...
- Using this very simple method and you’re looking for a cake with similar texture like Victoria sponge cake or extra soft type of cake.
- You don’t like the natural bitterness of freshly squeezed orange juice.
If you’re up for putting the extra work and whisking your cake, then you might want to check out my Clementine Loaf Cake recipe. It’s a simple recipe that only requires one additional task, whisking, and the result is guaranteed delicious with soft texture cake.
If you want to make it orange flavour, only change 3 clementine zest to 2 orange zest for the cake. If you want to go a bit further, make the sticky sauce also (you’ll not regret it). Replace clementine zest and juice with orange zest and juice.
More Easy Cakes
- Lemon loaf cake
- Yogurt cake
- Chocolate peanut butter banana bread (healthy)
- Cream cheese filled pumpkin bread loaf
- Olive oil orange cake
Super Easy Orange Cake
- 1 seedless sweet orange with skin (or remove seeds if any)
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (80 ml)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 gr), add ¼ cup (50 gr) more if you like it sweeter
- 2 cup self raising flour * (250 gr)
* Make Your Own Self Rising Flour
- 2 cup all purpose flour (250 g)
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients into a blender jar and blend into a smooth mixture and pour it into a bowl.
- Add flour into the mixture and mix everything together. You can use a spatula or a hand whisk. Do not over mix.
- * If you're making your own self rising flour, mix all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and use that flour mixture instead.
- Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch (23x13 cm) loaf pan, previously greased and floured. Bake in a preheated oven on the ⅔ lower rack, using upper and lower heat, at 340ºF (170ºC) for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!